Steps to Getting Well
The most important goal we have at this website is to help those who suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia (CFS/FM) get well. In this section we provide an outline of how you should approach this.
When dealing with illness, it is always recommended that you consult a physician. At the same time there are steps you can take to educate yourself about CFS/FM, and to learn what you can do to promote healthy function within your body to optimize your energy levels. These steps include:
- Educate yourself on CFS and fibromyalgia by reading Dr. T's best-seller on the topic, From Fatigued To Fantastic!
- Complete the free "Short" version of our Energy Analysis Program to help assess your current fatigue level and to identify any lifestyle or dietary habits that may be contributing to nutritional deficiencies that might be preventing you from optimizing your energy stores. This is a simple questionnaire that you can take here at our website that takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. The patented program uses special algorithms developed by Dr. T to suggest where you may not be receiving proper nutrition for optimal performance of body structures and functions, and recommends how to optimize those areas.
- Learn about Dr. T's S.H.I.N.E. protocol to guide you through reaching optimal energy.
- Consider setting up a counseling session with Dr. T's assistant, Cheryl Alberto, to discuss your options for managing CFS/FMS. Cheryl is a trained clinician who provides consulting sessions at $45 per half-hour. You can also arrange for one-on-one consultations with Dr. T (though at a higher hourly rate).
- Consider stool and blood testing by your physician, to fine tune your program results (you can print out a lab requisition form from our website that you can bring to your physician to show what testing should be done).
Working with a Practitioner
When choosing a practitioner to work with, we recommend that you make sure he or she is educated on specific treatment approaches for CFS/FM (click here if you'd like help finding a trained practitioner). The American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABIHM) includes over 1,500 board-certified holistic practitioners who can help you. Their website can also help you locate a certified holistic physician near you.
- Educate yourself and your practitioner. Complimentary copies of Dr. T's books From Fatigued To Fantastic! and Pain Free 1-2-3! are available for practitioners. Ask your practitioner's office to email us at email@example.com to request them (be sure to ask them to include their phone number so that we can call to verify their practice information).
- Complete the "Full" version of our Energy Analysis Program. The Full program is a much more thorough questionnaire than our free Short version (also taken online at our website. It takes 1-2 hours to complete). This will provide much more data on your situation and your physician will find it very helpful.
- Consider setting up a counseling session between you, your physician and Dr. T's assistant, Cheryl Alberto, to understand how to interpret the recommendations given in the Energy Analysis Program and to review considerations Dr. T would suggest in creating a program to manage your CFS/FMS. You can also arrange for one-on-one consultations with Dr. T (though at a higher hourly rate).
If you have any questions about seeking additional advice, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.